Sheridan Group is looking for a Project Designer to join our team!
Based in West Los Angeles, Sheridan Group is a top-tier commercial furnishings company focused on service excellence in project execution. As a woman owned business, we stand for equality and promote progress. We pride ourselves in providing a people-centered workplace, focused on diversity and inclusiveness. Our team works together, encouraging and learning from one another.
We're looking to hire an experienced designer/specifier to join our dynamic team. If you love creating tailored spaces that align with customer needs, we want you!
Position Title: Project Designer
Job Type: Full time (in office), non exempt.
Location: This position is not office-specific and can work out of either our Orange County (La Palma), West LA, or Calabasas office.
- Maintain expertise on the latest office furnishings design and specifications.
- Have expert knowledge and understanding of ancillary furnishings from various manufacturers.
- Attend project kick off meetings to review overall project scope with project team.
- Process architectural CAD files for use in specifying furniture.
- Create space plans for furnishings.
- Develop workstation and private office typicals (includes 2-D, 3-D and color renderings).
- Create specifications based on CAD drawings.
- Accurate B.O.M. for all workstation and offices.
- Ensure accuracy of specifications through double check.
- Ensure accuracy of pricing only for specified product.
- Provide critical drawing dimensions.
- Ensure furnishings comply with all space planning requirements (ADA, minimum clearance, etc.).
- Provide data and electrical dimensions as related to furnishings (outlet, j-box, floor core, etc.).
- Hold to dimensions as related to furnishings (file alcoves, banquette seating, etc.).
- Provide installation drawings of specified furniture. Complete with tagged furniture plans, critical furniture dimensions, and detailed notes.
- Provide ancillary furnishings idea starters and specifications.
- Obtain accurate quotes from vendors.
- Provide visual sign off documents for client approval.
- Attend client presentation or meetings as necessary.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in the contract furniture industry.
- Extensive knowledge in specifying systems and ancillary furniture.
- Well versed in AutoCAD/2020 Worksheet software.
- Experience using 3-D visualization tools such as CET, Sketchup or other rendering software.
- Experience with MillerKnoll products preferred.